Are you feeling anxious about your dental visits? Ackerman & Towson offers Sedation Dentistry in Brentwood to help you feel relaxed and comfortable during your visit.
Our treatments are safe and effective, helping you keep current on your dental appointments. Sedation dentistry helps us accomplish more during a single dental visit, which means fewer trips to the dental office for you.
Sedation dentistry uses medication to help patients relax during dental procedures. We can use it in our Brentwood office for everything from routine cleanings to more invasive procedures.
There are different types of sedation, from light sedation (also called minimal sedation) to deep sedation (also called general anesthesia). Light sedation will make you drowsy, but you will still be awake and able to respond to questions, which is the type of sedation our office provides.
“Laughing gas” is a light sedation method and the type we use most often at Ackerman & Towson in Brentwood. The gas is inhaled through a small mask placed over your nose.
Once the gas begins to work, you will feel lightheaded and may even giggle a bit. The effects of the gas wear off quickly, so you may be able to drive yourself home after your appointment, although we recommend having a ride ready just in case you’re still feeling drowsy once we’re done.
What Are the Benefits of Sedation Dentistry in Brentwood?
Sedation dentistry has several benefits, both for the patient and the dentist. Some of the benefits of sedation dentistry include:
- You feel more relaxed. Relaxation is the most apparent benefit of sedation dentistry. When you’re anxious, your heart rate and blood pressure go up. High blood pressure can make it more difficult for the dentist to do their job and lead to complications.
- It’s safer. When you’re anxious, you may unconsciously clench your jaw or teeth. Clenching can lead to injuries like cracked teeth or jaw pain. We also monitor you while you are sedated to ensure you are safe and comfortable.
- We can accomplish more. Because you’re more relaxed, we can often do more during a single appointment at our Brentwood office. A single appointment means fewer trips to the dentist for you.
- It’s great for people with sensitive gag reflexes. Sedation dentistry can help you relax and avoid triggering your reflex if you have a sensitive gag reflex.
- It’s suitable for people with special needs. If you have special needs or a disability that makes it challenging to sit still for long periods, sedation dentistry can help you relax and get the dental care you need.
How Safe Is Sedation Dentistry?
Sedation Dentistry in Brentwood is very safe when performed by a trained and licensed professional such as Drs. Ackerman and Towson. It is a widespread dental technique that has been used in the medical profession for more than 100 years. Our team at Ackerman & Towson has years of experience performing sedation dentistry, and we take every precaution to ensure your safety.
We will closely monitor you throughout your procedure to ensure you are safe and comfortable. We will also give you specific instructions on what to do after your procedure. For example, when to eat or drink and information on calling us if you have any questions or concerns.
Sedation Dentistry in Brentwood CaliforniaFor A Better Experience
Feeling relaxed and comfortable is essential to your dental health because it ensures you will keep current on all your necessary appointments. With our sedation dentistry treatments in Brentwood, you can feel confident that you’re in good hands.
You no longer have to feel anxious or uncomfortable when you come in for a dental visit. With sedation dentistry, we can get the job done quickly and easily. Contact us today!