Regular brushing and flossing help keep your teeth healthy and prevent dental issues, but sometimes it’s not enough. If you want to maintain your dental health, you should consider deep cleanings in Brentwood. At Ackerman & Towson Dentistry, we offer periodontal treatment and deep cleaning to help you keep your teeth and gums healthy.
At Ackerman & Towson Dentistry, we pride ourselves on being your one-stop shop for all your dental needs. From routine cleanings for the whole family to cosmetic dentistry treatments like teeth whitening and veneers in Brentwood, California, our team of experienced professionals is here to provide you with the highest quality care. Schedule an appointment today!
Deep Cleanings For a Healthy Smile
A deep cleaning, also known as scaling and root planing, is a dental procedure beyond routine cleaning. We often recommend this cleaning for those with gum disease, an infection of the tissues surrounding and supporting teeth. Unlike regular cleaning, which focuses on the visible surfaces of teeth, deep cleaning removes plaque and tartar from below the gum line. The process involves using special tools to scrape away buildup and smooth out the roots of teeth.
While a deep cleaning may sound intimidating, it can be essential for preventing further damage from gum disease and maintaining good oral health. And at Ackerman & Towson Dentistry, your comfort is our top priority. We go above and beyond to ensure you feel as comfortable as possible throughout the process.
From providing a welcoming and relaxing atmosphere to using the latest dental technology, we strive to make your experience as enjoyable as possible. Dr. Kevin Ackerman, Dr. Eric Towson, and their highly trained and experienced staff will walk you through every step of the process, answer any questions you may have, and address any concerns you may be feeling. At Ackerman & Towson Dentistry, we are committed to providing you with the best dental care possible, which is gentle, effective, and comfortable.
So, what other reasons deep cleanings are essential for your dental health? The following are several benefits.
- Prevent gum disease: Gum disease occurs when bacteria accumulate on teeth and gums. It damages the gum tissue and causes inflammation, leading to tooth loss. Deep cleaning removes plaque and tartar buildup in the gum pockets and prevents the onset of gum disease.
- Decrease risks of oral cancer: A deep cleaning can help detect oral cancer in its early stages. Routine cleaning at Ackerman & Towson Dentistry includes an oral cancer screening. It enables us to catch early signs of developing cancer, resulting in better treatment options.
- Better breath: A deep cleaning helps to eliminate the bacteria that cause bad breath. It removes the buildup of bacteria in the mouth, making your breath fresher and cleaner.
- Saves money and time: With deep cleanings, the need for costly and invasive dental procedures is lesser. Investing in preventive care rather than treating a severe dental issue is always better. Periodontal treatment not only saves money but also saves you time as you’ll need less time spent on dental visits.
- Protects overall health: Dental health affects the overall health of the body. Research has shown a link between gum disease and heart disease, stroke, and other severe health conditions. By eliminating the bacteria that cause gum disease, you also help keep your body healthy.
Deep Cleanings in Brentwood
At Ackerman & Towson Dentistry, we recommend deep cleanings to our patients to help them maintain good dental health, which leads to a healthy life. If you’re looking for dental procedures and services, we’re here to help you.
Contact us today to schedule a comprehensive dental evaluation or get more information about deep cleanings. We want to bring out your healthy, beautiful smile and work tirelessly to ensure that you leave our office feeling confident and happy with your dental health. Trust us to be your go-to dental provider, and take advantage of our comprehensive services today.